Report a problem
19 days ago

Public health insurance for an unemployed spouse? : Hello, I need some advice regarding public health insurance here (: I've moved to Barcelona with my wife (married in the UK). We have a private insurance from the company I work for, so it's not that urgent. We would like to register her for the public health care system. However, we've been told she needs a NIE and SSN. As she is unemployed, I don't think it's possible to get a NIE. The SSN is also not possible to get without a NIE. We considered getting her the European Health Insurance Card (she's Greek) but they ask for NIE on the website. What would be the best way to resolve this? Can I put her somehow as a dependent person and get insurance that way? Thanks! Full Article
Local news from Reddit (Barcelona)

More News From Barcelona
Renter news, legal help, and apartment reviews.